Training a dog or puppy is not difficult. All that is needed is patience, dedication and some simple tactics and you will get great results.
Here are five top tips on how to train your dog or puppy successfully:
- Have only one person be responsible for training the dog initially. This is to prevent your dog getting confused and so that they can learn to recognise commands easily. If too many people are trying to train the dog at the same time this can stop progress in its tracks.
- Use positive reinforcements. If the dog does something good, you should reward this behaviour. If the dog cannot understand or follow your commands, never push him. Dogs are of course not as intelligent as humans; they will make mistakes. However, you should also realise that your dog or puppy won’t easily understand your commands in just one teaching, It takes repetition to train a dog successfully. Do not scold or punish your dog as he might develop fear. This will hinder his learning and willingness to be trained. You can use treats in order to encourage your dogs, although don’t overdo it.
- Teach commands just one at a time. Try to teach your dog or puppy one command after the other. If he cannot absorb it, try to stay on that command only because adding additional commands will just confuse the dog. Start with the basics.
- In executing commands, you should keep your voice cheerful so that the dog will happily follow your commands. Dogs will respond to a low and coaxing voice. If you shout or talk too loudly or aggressively, he may become startled and unresponsive.
- Train your dog in various locations. This allows your pet to adjust to different environments and to new people and situations. Take him to the park, the beach or through the neighbouring streets. This will help your dog associate with other dogs and people.
Training your dog can sometime be tough, but it will be worth it. And after all, in the end, you will actually be the one to benefit when your dog is fully trained. Having a well trained pet in your life not only increases the enjoyment of dog ownership it also has a positive effect on your stress levels.
For a powerful system for training your dog visit the Online dog Trainer https://news.petfooddirect.co.nz/OnlineDogTrainer